Learn Apparel Merchandising Learn Fashion design.
Job List of a Merchandiser
- Once an order is placed the merchandise manager should fill out a PO checklist.
- All missing information with regards to the PO will be forwarded to the customer within 1 day of receiving the PO.
- A complete PO package must be prepared and sent to the factory within 24 hours of receipt of order from customer with a copy of P.O. to Commercial Department.
- Prepare a projected production plan & forward the same to the Head of Quality Control & to the related supplier. The schedule should comprise of expected dates for fabric Quality Check, ILC, IPC, MPC & FRI.
- Prepare a projected sample plan & forward the same to the related supplier with a copy to the Head of department.
3a. PO PACKAGE FOR FACTORY:
A new PO package for the factory must include the following:
- Original PO sheet.
- Spec. Sketch and workman sheet.
- Color print artwork, lab dip, original fabric swatch and original trim card.
- Original sample (If available)
Within 1 day of receipt of a new order the merchandise manager must call for a pre-production internal meeting. The following people must attend this meeting:
- Head of Operation.
- Merchandise Manager.
- Acct. Related Merchandiser.
- Head of QA Dept.
- QA Personal.
- Internal QA Personal.
At the meeting the merchandiser will issue all information with regards to the order. This information includes:
- PO sheet copy.
- Spec sheet with all related information.
- Lab dip card, print artwork, trims card, etc.
- Original fabric swatch (If available)
- Proto sample.
TO BE CONTINUE................